yalit100 yalit100 yalit100 yalit100 yalit100Love YA lit? Love writing fic? Love writing fic for YA lit and wondering why there doesn’t seem to be very much for most books? Join the YAlit100 challenge
- You MAY claim more than one table at a time.
- You MAY do crossovers, fusions, and AU fic! If you intend to write crossovers and/or fusions, claim the table for the MAIN WORK (so, for example, if you want to write 100 godly-parent-fusion fics, your claim would be “Percy Jackson,” unless all 100 fics would star characters from Anna and the French Kiss or something. SOME ASPECT of all 100 fics must be constant for the book/table you choose!)
- Fics can be ANY LENGTH. You may write 3-sentence fics, drabbles, one-shots, six-word-ficfests, whatever. The whole point is just to encourage more YA lit fic! :)
So far, there are just the first few tables up, but I will be adding my usual amount of ALL THE YA BOOKS. :P Join and/or Watch the
comm on LJ for updates, and make sure to suggest any book(s) that you may think I’ll miss or that you want to see sooner!
The banner contest
will be extended for another two weeks. The new deadline is February 26th, 2011, so make sure to submit your entry(s) in the comments section of the original contest post.
This is just a friendly community update to inform you that I will be driving cross-country from Thursday, Jan. 20th until roughly Monday, Jan. 24th as I move from Philadelphia to Los Angeles. Please be patient regarding the regular updates as I make this journey, and again, continue to post your fic, art, discussions, etc. Let's keep this place and the fandom alive!
If there are any problems or questions while I'm gone, please direct them to thechameleonnn
, who will mod the community in my absence.
Thank you very much!Banner Contest #1
: Don't forget to have your submissions in by February 12th. Simply go to the post
, and link to your work as a comment.
Greetings to you, fellow Artemis Fowl fans, and allow me to herald the community's first official contest!
For those of you interested in getting your creative juices flowing, fowl_things
will be granting you many opportunities to participate by providing challenges & prompts, and promoting contests. In order to keep both the fandom and the community alive, it's important that we support one another and contribute to it as we can. So, don't be shy!
Banner Contest #1
Effective: January 12, 2011 to February 12, 2011
Extension: February 12, 2011 to February 26th, 2011
Create and design a banner for winners of the Fowl_Things Pictionary Cup
(click the link if you are unfamiliar with what this is.)
00. Entries will be screened.
01. The banner must be made, designed, and created by you.
02. In order to use work by another artist, you must receive permission first. (This excludes official art.)
03. You may submit up to five banners, but please submit them together and not as separate submissions
04. Feel free to use any color scheme, size, etc.
05. Please include some text that indicates the purpose of the banner on it. (I.E. "I am a winner of the Fowl_Things Pictionary Cup")
How To Enter
Simply supply a link to each of your works in a comment to this post. Submissions will be screened. We will select the semi-finalists and members of the community will vote on the winner.
I just finished reading the series, and damn. I love iiiiiit~~ I actually read it out of order: 1, 4, 6, 2, 7, 5, 3. I had read 1, 4, 5, and 6 like four years ago, and obsessed over them, and I've just recently decided to get into the fandom. Thus, I was able to read it out of order, since I already had some form of orientation.
Now, one of the benefits of reading a series out of order like this is that it makes it easier to spot things like foreshadowing, symbolism, the tropes, and all that good stuff. I've also been to the AF tropes page
without managing to get badly sucked in, which is quite a feat, I must say. XD
So, here are some theories for the eighth book. You're welcome to discuss or comment on them as it pleases you. ^^
So, here we go~!( Wheeeeeeee~Collapse )